Friday, August 21, 2009

The Missing Show: 6-12-09

The show this week was me flying solo (with a little help from my friends) but largely due to me being a complete space cadet, the playlist sheet is missing. I did play all of Deep Purple's self-titled 3rd LP, and probably some Hawkwind, but beyond that, we'll all have to wait till the sheet turns up to find out anything further.

The third Deep Purple LP was the last to feature Nick Simper (Bass) and Rod Evans (Vocals), who went on to form Warhorse and Captain Beyond, respectively.

I tried to find some video of DP in 1969 with Rod on vocals, and stumbled across this excellent live instrumental from that year. That might be Evans or Gillan on the fringes of the stage, I can't tell, but with this kind of organ and guitar work, I don't care!

No comments: